You work in the department of Application Development Services in the Service2Delivery organization.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our Generic build team.
Our Generic build team is responsible for all the tools of the ALM Suite (Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, BitBucket, ..).
The responsibility covers create work (investigate new plug ins, new features, new releases), investigating requirements of Continuous integration/continuous deployment, technical infrastructure, maintenance (including upgrades), third line support (incidents, consultancy, …).
Specific for Generic Build :
• Development background. Someone who has practical experience with all the build tools (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, ...)
• Experience with open systems, Atlassian Jira & Confluence is a must
• User knowledge of the tools
• Knowledge of Java, Perl, Python is a plus
• Knowledge of Linux/Windows application servers is a plus
• Being not pure technical but having a broader perspective (functional, technical design, coding, testing, releasing, incident solving, ..). The scope of our team is a lot more than only programming.
• Support of devops architecture, looking at synergies, automations, …
• Can create a good view on the full development landscape to be able to capture needs across the build community
• Motivated person who can work independently
• Diplomacy. You have the ability to bring changes in the organization and let them be accepted
• Excellent communication skills to communicate with stakeholders and team?
• Fully committed with a sense of responsibility?
• Inspires and gives trust?
• Has the power and courage to challenge stakeholders and team and say "No" (on story level)?
• Working simultaneously on different tasks and assignments is a must – based on the priority
• Listening to the client’s real problem is an absolute must: don’t push a solution but determine what a customer really wants
• Is able to facilitate workshops to capture the needs
Experience with Agile is a definitive must